Translation and Interpretation Services
The Language Bank is committed to facilitating equal access of community services and programs for immigrants and refugees through the provision of high quality translation and interpretation services. We provide document translation in over 50 languages at affordable costs. Interpretation services are provided for individual clients and government/community organizations.
Documents we translate include:
- Birth certificates
- Death certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Driver’s licences
- Divorce certificates
- Diplomas and transcripts
- Professional accreditation documents
- Employment records and reference letters
- Passport pages and stamps
- Agency flyers and brochures
- And more!
Our translations of documents are accepted on municipal, provincial and federal levels by such institutions as:
- Alberta Transportation
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
- SAIT Polytechnic
- Service Alberta - Motor Vehicles
- Child Care Staff Certification Office
- And many more!
Translation time depends on the type of the document and language. Rush service is available for certain documents. A reasonable fee will apply.
Commissioners for Oaths / Notary Public services will apply to all translations as necessary. Other document notarization services are also available.
Do you need to attend an appointment with a service provider but require the service of a trained interpreter? We can help!
Accredited community interpreters are available to provide high quality interpretation service to community partners in bridging the communication between them and their language barrier clients. An affordable fee will apply.
1. Multilingual interpretation services
This program provides cultural interpretation services to Calgary Region Child and Family Services (CRCFS) workers in multiple languages. It facilitates communication between case workers and language-barried clients. It is a referral based service funded by CRCFS.
2. Professional Interpreter Training / Interpreter Proficiency Test (CILISAT)
The Language Bank offers the following services in affiliation with CISOC. User’s fee will apply.
- Online Community Interpreter Training
- Online Medical Knowledge and Terminology Training
- Administration of CILISAT [Community Interpreter Language and Interpreting Skills Assessment Tool]
- Practicing interpreting skills through ISC’s volunteer program
For inquiries or registration on the Professional Interpreter Training / Interpreter Proficiency Test , please contact the coordinator at 403-538-8343
Here's what our clients are saying about the Language Bank:
"Thank you so much for helping our family with translation of our passports. Your translation is professional and accurate."
"Thank you very much. Having the interpreter here makes it so much easier for us to help this patient but is also a much better experience for this patient in our clinic. The help is so much appreciated. Any interpreter that has come has been professional and caring. We will continue to use your services. Again, thank you so much."
"What a wonderful experience for both our client and myself. Really enjoyed our interpreter. He was above and beyond what we expected!"
How can you access our translation and interpretation services?
- For translation requests, please contact us at (403) 444-3491 to book an appointment or email LB@immigrantservicescalgary.ca for inquiries.
- For interpretation requests, please contact us at (403) 538-8360. Agencies will need to fill out the Interpretation Request Form for the requests.
- For CRCFS interpretation requests, please fill out the Interpretation Request Form or contact us at (403) 705-4380.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the above file(s). Download Acrobat Reader by clicking here.
Special thanks to our funders: