Translation and Interpretation Services
The Language Bank provides certified translation in over 70 languages at affordable costs. Interpretation services are provided for individual clients and community organizations.
The Language Bank offers Notarization services for our document translations. Documents we translate include:
- Birth Certificates
- Death Certificates
- Marriage Certificates
- Driver’s Licences
- Divorce Certificates
- High School Diplomas and transcripts
- University Diplomas and transcripts
- College or Technical School Diploma and transcripts
- Professional accreditation documents
- Employment Records
- Reference letters
- And more!
Our translations of documents are accepted on municipal, provincial and federal levels by such institutions as:
- Alberta Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies (AAISA)
- Alberta Association of Registered Nurses
- Alberta Employment and Immigration
- Alberta Health Services
- Alberta Medical Association
- Alberta Registries
- Alberta Transportation
- Alberta Teacher’s Association
- Bow Valley College
- Calgary Board of Education
- Calgary Police Services
- Certified General Accountants Association (CGA)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- City of Calgary
- Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Immigration and Refugee Board
- International Qualifications Assessment Services (IQAS)
- Mount Royal University
- SAIT Polytechnic
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- And many more organizations and corporations...
There is a small fee for this service. Translation time depends on the type of document and language. Translations typically take three to four weeks. Rush requests can be completed in one week.
We can also help you by providing an interpreter to assist you in your appointments with the government and other organizations. These types of interpretations can include medical, legal and social services, as well as others.
Please make sure you know the time and place where you will need an interpreter.
Multilingual Interpretation Services
This program provides cultural interpretation services to Calgary and Area Child and Family Services Authority (CACFSA) workers in multiple languages. It facilitates communication between case workers and language-barried clients. It is a referral based service funded by CACFSA.
How can you access our translation and interpretation services?
- For individual translation and interpretation requests, please contact us at (403) 265-1120 ext 275 to schedule your appointment.
- For agency translation requests, please contact us at (403) 265-1120 or email LB@immigrantservicescalgary.ca.
- For agency interpretation requests, please fill out the Community Organization Interpretation Request Form or contact us at (403) 538-8360.
- For CACFSA interpretation services, please fill out the Community Organization Interpretation Request Form or contact us at (403) 705-4380.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the above file(s). Download Acrobat Reader by clicking here.