This is a nationwide project (in Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver) that offers a 10-week training program for Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs) who have worked or trained as a programmer, database analyst, data administrator or network technician. The training provides strategies to help improve workplace communication; both written and oral skills, as well as essential problem-solving skills.
ALes@work program helps IEPs move from technically competent to the star employee that every employer wants to hire and retain.
- Programmer, Database Analyst/Database Administrator or Computer Network Technician
- Internationally Educated Professional
- Permanent resident, Canadian Citizen or Convention Refugee
- Unemployed, underemployed or employed
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 7