Immigrant Services Calgary has hosted the annual Immigrants of Distinction Awards (IDA) since 1997. This gala event honours the contributions and exceptional achievements of immigrants and refugees in the Calgary community through the presentation of awards and youth scholarships.
“Inspire Support Connect” was the theme for the 22nd Anniversary of the IDA which was held on March 9, 2018 at The Westin Hotel. This gala showcased individuals who have inspired us with their passion and dedication. View the photos of the gala here.
This year's gala honoured the exceptional achievements of the following recipients:
- Achievement under 35: Hyder Hassan
- Arts and Culture: Marjan Eggermont
- Community Service: Miroslav Reljic
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Dr.Rupinder Toor
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math: Dr.Gopal Achari
- Lifetime Achievement: Dr. Kamal Botros and Dr. Thomas Brown
- Organization Diversity: Trico Homes
- Youth Scholarships: Kirsty McGowan, Mehul Gupta, Ruth Legese, Kevin Lin, Jenny Liao
Nominations for IDA 2019 will be open in September 2018. There are different award categories for individuals, organizations, and youth. To learn more, please click here.
Thank you to the following Award Category Sponsors!
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact StephanieB@immigrantservicescalgary.ca