Immigrant Services Calgary offers a variety of volunteer positions:
- Employment coach
- Community volunteer
- Children’s program volunteer
- Income tax volunteer
- Seniors program volunteer
- Office and workshop support volunteer
- Youth volunteer
- Board member
Currently, Immigrant Services Calgary is recruiting for the following positions:
- Interpreters and translators who are native speakers or demonstrate fluency in the following languages:
Interpreters: Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Dari, Dinka, Farsi, French, German, Italian, Khmer, Korean, Nuer, Somali, Tigrinya, Vietnamese.
Translators: Amharic, Bengali, Chinese, Czech, Dari, Dinka, Farsi, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Nepali, Nuer, Polish, Portuguese, Serbian, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Tigrinya, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Interpreter: Provides verbal interpretation services in various settings such as medical, legal, social, educational, and others.
Translator: Provides written translation of documents that accurately reflects the meaning of the source text.
- Mentor: Provides support, advice, and encouragement to internationally educated professionals in their job search process.
- Children’s Programs Volunteer: Assists ISC staff in facilitating children’s activities such as reading circles, crafts, playing, singing, dancing, and others. This role may also include helping with setting-up and cleaning-up, preparing healthy snacks, childminding, assisting with workshops and other tasks.
- Tutor: Provides tutoring in school subjects (i.e., English, math, science, social science, etc.) to immigrant/refugee learners (grades 1-12). Tutors help students build academic skills, develop better study habits, improve self-confidence, and achieve success in school and life.
- Youth mentee (immigrant youth ages 14-20) - Supports community causes, projects, and initiatives through donating his/her time to local non-profit organizations. Learn more here.